US Procurement Lead
LOCATION: DENVER, CO
SUB FUNCTION: PROCUREMENT
POSTED: 18 AUGUST 2015
As part of the GCX central procurement team reporting to GCX’s Head of Procurement in HK to locally manage the telco (this includes traditional telco & data center but exclude equipment) service purchase activities for the Americas region. Responsible to devise vendor strategies, negotiate vendor agreements & supervise general procurement practices for the region. Ensure global alignment with rest of the regions. Top priority to manage GCX’s network COGS for the region with key deliverable to meet AOP network cost reduction targets. Identify and lead network optimization & restructuring projects to early completion. As the GCX carrier relationship lead person with vendors headquartered in the region. Provide escalation support to the US Local Access Management team to ensure GCX purchase Off-Net services competitively to win new businesses Overall responsibility to ensure best practices for GCX’s procurement function for the US.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As GCX’s commercial lead to manage all purchase relations & negotiate agreement with the US & LATAM vendors
- Manage complex purchases, buy/sell deals, revenue commitments & NNI set up.
- Keep an updated vendor list & regularly review GCX’s vendor strategies
- Manage new vendor selection. Identify & introduce new vendors to support GCX’s geographic coverage & service expansion requirements.
- Negotiate vendor contracts & keep an up-to-date depository of signed vendor agreements.
- Prime responsibility to meet GCX AOP COGS optimization plan
- Identify and implement network cost reduction projects. Facilitate & initiate network reconfiguration, redesign and consolidation projects to optimize the GCX network in the US.
- Provide regular reports to track savings achieved & forecast vs plan.
- Lead network restructuring vendor related negotiations
- Locally lead the US access team
- Ensure the US Sales team’s offnet requests are supported in time with wining vendor pricing & best solution
- As the knowledge expert of vendor offerings in the region, proactively update market developments & vendor capabilities to the rest of the Procurement team outside of US
- Align & integrate the Offnet quotation processes of ex-Yipes, ex-Vanco & ex-FLAG for the US
- Work with Product & US Presales Team to identify & review cloud services partners in the US to aggressively expand GCX’s presence in the space.
Key Performance Indicators
- Network cost optimization & reductions for GCX US
- Vendor management to ensure best pricing & product competitiveness from vendors
- Telco Matching Accuracy
- Carrier Data Quality within core business systems
- Bid support on large deals
- Supplier Performance against SLA
Skills and Experience (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Excel Skills
- D = Oracle/SAP
Competency & Behavioral Skills
- E = Strong negotiation Skills
- E = Commercial understanding
- E = Telecom Background
- Internally communicates efficiently with various departments of the Sales, Pricing, Provisioning and Operations departments
- Externally interacts efficiently with Global and Domestic Suppliers
- 10+ years telecoms industry experience required. It is a must to have a min of 5 years of telco procurement & vendor management commercial experience.
- Carrier business experience.
- Vendor/supplier contract negotiations skills.
- Ability to work in a virtual team, lead & take ownership of issues.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize daily business activities
- Results focused and the ability to deliver requirements against tight deadlines
- Very good knowledge of telecom products and suppliers
- Significant experience in commercial sourcing
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Degree Holder
- D = MBA
For Management Positions Only
- Number of people directly supervised: 2
- Total size of the team: 4
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent