Senior Systems Administrator – Windows
LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY, NY
SUB FUNCTION: IT OPERATIONS
POSTED: 5 MAY 2017
A Senior systems administrator to take on a variety of responsibilities in multiple IT disciplines. This person will have the opportunity to grow their IT skills in numerous areas while supporting a growing company in a dynamic IT environment. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working in IT. This person will be able to work independently as well as part of a global IT team, have the ability to adapt to new or changing situations, and welcome the opportunity to take the initiative in identifying and proposing solutions to problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Windows system administration and work collaboratively with teams in Europe, India, and other locations around the globe.
- Provide Tier III/IV level support on Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, and other Windows-related software.
- Administrate 8×8 telephony system
- Assist with Tier III/IV level support on Solaris, Linux, ESXi/VMWare, and various other proprietary/legacy systems.
- Assist with end user support and desktop issues when necessary.
- Assist with day-to-day datacenter management and maintenance, both remotely and physically.
- Work closely with Network and System SME’s for improving and maintaining the existing network and system infrastructure.
- Research, develop, propose and implement new IT solutions as identified to improve IT and business operations. Coordinate with vendors as necessary.
- Maintain existing and create new documentation for all processes and recovery plans. Maintain and update accurate system and equipment inventory.
- Travel to remote datacenters and offices on occasion as required (<10% travel).
Key Performance Indicators
- Key Result Area (KRA) measurements set for the organization and IT Infra Head on a quarterly basis.
- Individual Contribution Area (ICA) based directly on individual contribution to organization KRA’s.
Skills and experience (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- E = Strong technical understanding of Windows system administration, including system configuration, troubleshooting, security and remote access administration
- E = Knowledge of server hardware troubleshooting, maintenance and repair
- E = Knowledge in datacenter management including cooling, power, racks, cabling, fire protection, physical security and remote administration
- E = Basic understanding of Unix and Linux operating systems
- E = Knowledge of server hardware such as HP, Dell, Sun, and various others
- E = Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- D = Good understanding of TCP/IP and associated protocols and applications
- D = Hands-on experience on Cisco/Juniper routers switch and firewall configuration and management
- D = In depth knowledge of Unix and Linux system administration
Competency & Behavioral Skills:
- E = Customer (user) service and result oriented; possess clear understanding of IT’s role as enabler of functional requirements and successfully carry that mission out
- E = Strong initiative and self-management skills; ability to maintain focus and achieve high level of performance in environment with minimal management
- E = Works efficiently with technical resources from around the globe; demonstrates patience and flexibility with financial constraints and extended approval processes related to global operations
- E = Strong communication and presentation skills
- E = Strong team player who is disciplined in following/enforcing the support process; capable of collaborative problem solving and comfortable working with people from different disciplines and skill areas to resolve challenges
- E = Lead and mentor junior members of the team and provide training to business user groups
- E = Minimum of 4-6 years as an IT professional
- E = Experience in geographically dispersed, multi-cultural environment
- E = Experience in high-volume helpdesk environment in support of mission critical applications
- E = Extensive experience with Windows operating systems (Windows XP, 7, Server 2003, 2008, 2013, etc.)
- D = Strength in network and security domain; Exposure to installation and configuration of network and security devices such as Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, Juniper routers and firewalls, etc.
- D = Hands-on experience with Unix and Linux related operating systems (Solaris, RHEL, Centos, OpenBSD, Fedora, Debian, etc.)
- D = Virtualization experience (VMWare, Hyper-V, Oracle VM Server, ESXi, etc.)
- D = Exposure to Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- D = Knowledge of Secured Server Layer and Payment Gateway
- D = Telecom IT Infrastructure data/voice Exposure Servers and messaging system management
Education (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- E = Associate’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
- D = Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
- D = IT Professional related certifications (Microsoft Certified, CompTIA, etc.)
- E = Able to smoothly adapt and adjust to an atypical IT environment
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent