Regional Vice President of Sales
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
SUB FUNCTION: SALES
The Regional Vice President of Sales (RVP) is the sales head of the assigned region. Overall responsible to achieve/exceed his regional targets in terms of New Business/Renewals/Revenue/Gross Margins and receivables. Responsible to develop and implement regional sales strategies to achieve/exceed the assigned targets, grow the customer base and develop the existing customers. He/she provides leadership to the team monitors their activity level and supports them to be successful and productive. He/she plans, controls and directs activities of his sales force on a day to day basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed AOP sales targets assigned.
- Ensure consistent new business and profitable revenue growth in the region.
- Ensure receivables are in control and aligned with the business objectives.
- Customer Meetings.
- Review and guide the sales team to penetrate, maintain, and up-sell to top-tier, high value accounts.
- Lead, coach and support his team to achieve their sales quota.
- Manage contract negotiations with Sales Reps as needed/requested.
- Review and analyze team activities, individual pipeline, forecast and performance data on regular basis.
- Develop, communicate and execute sales strategy with the objective to increase customer base, enhance customer satisfaction and profitable revenue growth.
- Keep updated on the competition, their product offering, and any new happenings in his region which may impact his/her customers/prospects and plan out strategy along with his superiors to counter that.
- Identify new market opportunities and create/implement plans to grow market share.
- Review his/her region performance to see the progress made toward stated goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with finance, legal, procurement and customer operations team as and when needed.
- Fill up vacant positions and ensure the new hires get productive within 3-6 months’ time.
- Provide senior management with all requested and required information including preparation of business plans, sales forecasts, projects, staffing, and any supporting justification required.
- 50%: Customer contact (phone and in-person selling along with sales representatives)
- 40%: Coaching, Developing, and Mentoring sales representatives
- 10%: Administration and Reporting
Key Performance Indicators
- New business Sold
- New Logos won
- Revenue growth
- Gross Margin
Skills and experience (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Must exhibit excellent working knowledge of WAN, MAN, and LAN technologies and understanding of IP, Ethernet, and Telecom Services
Competency & Behavioral Skills:
- E = Track record of past success leading sales teams
- E = Team Person
- E = Demonstrated experience developing and executing strategic plans
- Internally is frequently demonstrating the ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries – finance, legal, procurement, customer operations, product and marketing, business leaders
- Externally is frequently demonstrating the ability to work effectively with Customers, Partners, Vendors
- College graduate; advanced degree desirable (e.g., MBA)
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience selling telecom solution services for enterprise, SME segment with more than 15 years of overall sales experience
- Minimum 5 years in sales management role
- Leadership quality and can drive salesforce to get desired results
- Firm understanding of relationship selling. Excellent communication skills a must
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing strategic plans
- Track record of past success leading sales teams
- Demonstrated maturity in managing the business
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Must be organized and technically proficient
- Achiever and result oriented
For Management Positions
- Number of people directly supervised: 6 – 10
- Total size of the team: 6 – 10
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Bachelor’s Degree
- D = MBA
- D = Telecom Sales
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent