Human Resources Director – Americas
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
SUB FUNCTION: N/A
POSTED: 03 NOVEMBER 2015
Provide overall strategic HR leadership to the company in the US Region while working seamlessly with company leadership in India. Oversee the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events. Serve as internal consultant to company management team, supervisors and employees on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships. Foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission outlined by the leadership of company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the critical area of direct recruitment by developing the most creative and cost-effective ways of sourcing and attracting the highest caliber candidates in the marketplace.
- Establish and maintain relationships with best-of-breed professional recruiters.
- Advise management to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, background screening, employment, workplace training and employment terminations.
- Manage payroll relationship and oversee employee benefit programs including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, supplemental medical, 401(k) plan, and Personal Time Off (PTO).
- Direct and supervise HR support staff in day-to-day employee matters.
- Responsible for wage and salary administration, with particular emphasis on compliance with annual salary budget.
- Work with the legal department to ensure adherence to document retention policy with a special emphasis on personnel record keeping related to new hires, employee reviews, promotions, transfers, separations and exit interviews.
- Conduct job analyses to establish the specific requirements of individual jobs within each department for the creation and oversight of job descriptions. Concurrently, research and recommend compensation levels for specific positions.
- Work with in-house and outside counsel to respond to complaints, legal actions, labor commission hearings, etc. brought by former employees.
- Overall responsibility for responding to audits required by Finance in DAKC in conjunction with external audits of company records.
- Administer the company 401(k) plan, including engaging external auditors to conduct annual financial audit, ensuring timely processing of payroll withholdings, enrollments, distributions to former employees, filing of Form 5500 annually.
- Develop a highly effective orientation program that emphasizes the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into the corporate culture (with emphasis on corporate mission and company policies).
- Overall oversight for the performance review process, within limits imposed by system control outside of US. Provide managers guidance on conducting employee reviews and uniform application of bonus compensation plans.
Key Performance Indicators
- Managing/ reducing Human Capital risks associated with business decisions
- Reduction of overall benefits complexity and costs
- Ensuring GCX is compliant with employment regulations in the United States
Skills and Experience (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Strong broad based knowledge of employment laws on a state and federal level.
- E = Microsoft Office Suite
- E = Technologically savvy
- E = Payroll experience
Competency & Behavioral Skills
- E = Business acumen
- E = Communications
- E = Detail Orientation
- E = Process Orientation
- E = Comfortable with ambiguity
- Communicates efficiently and effectively internally with all departments and functions in the U.S, close relationships with HR team in HQ, Finance teams globally as impacted by US based HR
- Communicates efficiently and effectively externally with benefits and payroll providers, recruiters, candidates, legal counsel, various vendors.
- 10 years in HR Leadership Role
- Experience with APAC-based and/or international companies highly desirable
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- Ability to advise on the application of employment regulations, as well as work place related insurance policies.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Working knowledge of organizational development theory and practices.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs.
- Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ten to Fifteen years of HR generalist experience, with over five years in a senior-level Human Resource position.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of immigration laws and policies, including but not limited to administration of H1B and Green Card applications.
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or related field
- D = MBA or Masters in HR
For People Management Positions Only
No of people directly supervised: 1-2
Total size of the team: 2-3
Professional Certifications: D = PHR and/or SPHR certification
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent