IT – OSS Lead
DEPARTMENT: GCX IT
SUB FUNCTION: OSS
POSTED: MARCH 2018
- Lead all OSS IT Project / Engineering and Testing teams for application development [Transformation / New Application Deployment / Upgrades and Bug / Patch Fixes].
- Manage OSS Operations & Projects Team and handle L3 Operational issues as well as Escalations.
- Publish Daily / Weekly updates IT Leadership Team for all Ongoing Projects & Operation Issues.
- Define & Optimize Architecture for all OSS Systems.
- Carry out configuration management on the OSS systems to ensure that the systems are running optimally and that the end user experience is optimized for the operation and maintenance of the IP networks.
- Own POC/UAT/PROD for integration / system changes / Upgrades for Internal as well as Customer Managed Applications.
- Development of programs / scripts to introduce or fine tune the systems functionalities.
- Possess necessary network knowledge i.e., data (IP Networks) and transmission technologies to be self-competent on building effective programs / scripts needed for the developmental / migrational activities of the team.
- Understand the OSS Systems / NMS systems and its functionality to the maximum and be an escalation point to the end-users.
- Manage Various Vendor Development & Operations Team for all OSS Systems, such as BMC REMEDY, VITALSUITE, ONEASIA, SOLARWINDS NCM, OSD etc.
- IT Governance & Compliance Audit SPOC for all the Developments & UAT before pushing in Production.
- Interface between Operations & 3rd party support/BOSS for day to day issue resolution.
- Testing of the scripts in a controlled environment i.e., other than production environment such as Dev and UAT.
- Adhere to business logic while writing programs / scripts maintaining the operational policies and procedures.
- Housekeeping of the OSS systems to ensure they are performing within specifications and running optimally.
- Build the necessary presentation / documentation for every deliverable result.
- Globally maintain/store the useful documents or work in a centralized environment which makes the environment independent.
- Maintain all company standards while building a system handbook.
- Apt communication to all the stakeholders involved during the work accomplishments.
Duties & Responsibilities
A. Systems to be Managed include:
- OSD (OneStopDocumentation – A process engine talks to various OSS systems)
- Oneasia AMS [Alarm Management System]
- VitalSuite [Performance Management System]
- OneAsia PPM [Performance Management System]
- Solarwinds(NCM) [Configuration Management System]
- BMC REMEDY [ASSET/INVENTORY/CHANGE/INCIDENT/PROBLEM Management]
- CONFIG Builder – TEMPLATE MANAGER for NETWORK Devices.
- DNS Server
- Telnet Server
- NTP Server
B. Daily Activities:
- Review BAU implementation of processes and systems along with development team.
- Regularly check systems performances, review operational reports and champion system improvements to meet Business & Operational requirements
- Assist in reviews of OSS capabilities
- Validate system performance
- Keep abreast and up to date on relevant technologies
- Level 3 support and diagnostics in conjunction with 3rd party and vendor support teams.
- Providing System Consultancy to Internal Groups
- Manage & Review with Product Development Testing
- Manage & Review with Database integration development
- Manage & Review POC / UAT & PROD for any new upgrades / patch fixes.
- Coordination of local IT Infra and Helpdesk teams for day-to-day support of systems.
Key Performance Indicators
- Key Result (KR) Area measurements set for the organization and IT department on a quarterly / annual basis.
- Individual Contribution Area (ICA) set on a quarterly / annual basis by IT CIO & COO.
- Core Responsibilities (CR). On time resolution of support tickets, On time delivery of the reports from OSS Systems, Timely completion of requirement analysis, Timely Inputs on the weekly Reporting (As defined by Business), Timely delivery (Functionality Delivered/Delay in Days), Issue Resolution (MTTR of Issue Resolution).
Skills and Experience (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Strength in OSS domain – Good Exposure to OSS applications from the following is required: Alarm Management System, Performance Management System & Configuration Management System.
- D = Exposure to Industry trends, eTOM framework.
- E = Strong communication and presentation skills.
- D = Understanding of middleware technologies such as CORBA, and SOA based architecture.
- D = Knowledge of web technologies and portal design.
- E = Knowledge on Oracle 8i dev, SQL Server, and Data dictionary.
- E = Exposure of Operating Systems & DB – (Redhat Enterprise Linux v5-7 and above, Solaris v8-10, Windows Server 201x, SQL Server 201x, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- E = Good Understanding of communication protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF & EIGRP , and Network Management Protocols such as ICMP, SNMP.
- D = Exposure to and understanding of IP networks especially Cisco Routers/Switches, Juniper Netscreen Firewalls, Redback, Juniper & Foundry Core devices, Bluecoat AV/Proxy, Riverbed Steelhead/CMC, Ipanema, Prognosis & Cisco CCM/CUOM IPT, MERAKI, ACCEDIAN & ADVA NIDs systems.
- D = Programming/scripting experience in Java, C/C++, XML, VB, ASP, .NET, PL/SQL, Perl, Shell, PHP, HTML is a plus.
Technical/Functional Skills (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Review with OSS Ops & Projects Team who Interface with Business users on OSS application platform reported support tickets and find fix within defined SLA.
- E = Ability to Coordinate with internal IT / Network teams during escalations / incidents.
- E = Support system integration and UAT performing effort.
- Ability to drive and manage Internal Teams as well as Vendor Support & Engineering Teams.
- E = BE (EXTC, CS,IT)/MCA
- D = Master’s Degree / MBA
- Total years’ experience, 10 years = total work experience preferably within the industry
- Applicable years’ experience, 8 years = experience within the industry and related to the role for which the JD applies
- Directly applicable experience, 8 years = experience doing the role for which the JD applies
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent