Field Operations Engineer
LOCATION: TOKYO / JAPAN
DEPARTMENT: GLOBAL NETWORK OPERATION
SUB FUNCTION: ASIA PACIFIC OPERATIONS
Provide support to the department for the maintenance and operation of the GCX FNAL Tokyo PoP at at Tokyo data city and mini POPS around Tokyo. The PoP engineer (the job holder) works in conjunction with the Senior PoP Engineer to carry out routine maintenance, installation of equipment, provision customer and network circuits and network trouble shooting in accordance with the Network testing procedures. The job holder shall be prepared to cover other work sites in the event of colleagues’ absence for leave and training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain Core Networks, O&M & Traffic up Time
- Provisioning of circuits & path in Core Network
- Testing and maintaining the restoration path & keeping ready for use
- Opening & tracking the call IDs with vendor for remedial action
- Coordination with cross-functional teams to adhere to the defined processes
- Coordination with GNOC, other cable stations & Vendors
- Coordination with GNOC and other CLS and PoP sites for network fault troubleshooting
- Preparation & analysis of Equipment & NW performance reports
- Root cause analysis of the repetitive/major failure and remedial action
- Perform preventive & corrective maintenance
- Active coordination during Cable failure & repair and restoration
- Equipment Up time
- Traffic Provisioning & Management
- Alarm management
- Fault & Complaint Management
- Process compliance by conforming to internal as well as external quality audits
- Network Performance Report
- Active Coordination with cross-functional teams
Skills and experience
- 3 Years Telecom Experience including at least 12 months Telecom Line Terminal Equipment (LTE) experiences.
- The job holder will have to work overseas to cover absence of duties and/or to cover project work to business needs.
- Knowledge of Terrestrial equipment, SDH, DWDM and IP platforms.
- Team Player, Good Communicator, Flexible, Quick to Learn, Resourceful, Available for On Call Assignments, Pro-Active, Multi-tasking, Able to work without direct supervision
- Tertiary education in electronic engineering with major in transmission study or equivalent.
- Degree of related engineering studies.
- National Certification from MIC of Japan.
- Result Orientation
- Effective Team Member
- Effective Communication
- Process Orientation
- Good Negotiator
- Good Networking Skills
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent