- Global Cloud Xchange Expands Cloud Ecosystem with Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute
- Bill Barney, CEO of RCOM Enterprise and Global Cloud Xchange (GCX) was appointed to the role of Co-CEO of the company following the recent departure of former RCOM CEO Vinod Sawhny.
- Reliance Communications & Global Cloud Xchange Launch Global Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD WAN) Solution for Enterprises.
- Reliance Communications & Global Cloud Xchange Deliver First “Make in India” Content Delivery Network
- Global Cloud Xchange (GCX) announced the launch of Cloud X in Sydney, enabling customers across Australia to have on-net access to public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Softlayer, Google, Rackspace, VMWare and more than 20 others worldwide, as well as software services like Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps for Work.
- Stena Line partners with Global Cloud Xchange to boost customer engagement and business performance.
- Colocation data centre provider, Aegis Data announced that it has linked a partnership with the telecommunications provider Global Cloud Xchange (GCX), a subsidiary of Reliance Communications, to expand its global reach across Europe, US, Asia and the Middle East.
- In May 2016, Global Cloud Xchange was named Best Managed Services Provider at the Telecom Asia Awards held in conjunction with the annual Telco Strategies in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Global Cloud Xchange Leverages Cornell University Research to Deploy Cutting-Edge Traffic Control for Unprecedented Network Resiliency.
- Next Telecom Partners with Global Cloud Xchange to support enterprises with fast and high performance connectivity between Australia and key global markets.
- Reliance Communication and IBM partner to accelerate adoption of Cloud computing in India.
- Reliance Communications (RCOM), the parent company of GCX, expanded the role of Bill Barney, CEO of Global Cloud Xchange (GCX), to also oversee RCOM’s Enterprise, IDC and National Long Distance (NLD) operations in India, while continuing as Chairman and CEO of GCX.
- GCX launched Cloud X Fusion, providing low latency connectivity across developed and emerging markets in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia, which gives enterprises security, reliability and predictability.
- Reliance Communications (RCOM) expanded its next generation content and cloud delivery network – part of its subsidiary Global Cloud Xchange – to five additional cities in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad as part of a wider strategy to support future growth in the country. These Cloud Xchange nodes can help government departments access 240 times the amount of compute power currently available in government data centers, and over 6 times the high speed storage currently available in India.
- Global Cloud Xchange to expand Singapore-India connectivity, a major step forward to deliver next generation connectivity services to support the digital transformation and economic growth of India.
- Global Cloud Xchange Launched Transformational New Cloud Ecosystem
- Rebranded as Global Cloud Xchange by integrating our global assets (FLAG, Vanco and Yipes) to deliver the world’s first true cloud ecosystem.
- Successful debut in the Global Capital Market by raising US$350M fixed rate notes maturing in 2019. The deal received an overwhelming response from the market, and was significantly oversubscribed.
- Announced plan for new cable between Tokyo and Silicon Valley (PCX).
- Announced plan for new cable between Mumbai and Singapore (ICX).
- Established Point of Presence at 325 Hudson to offer direct access to GCX global network and facilitate a simplified and efficient growth model for multi-carrier network solution.
- Reliance Globalcom announced upgrade of its European Network using coherent 100G technology
- Reliance Globalcom launched End-to-End Managed Video Conferencing Services across the globe for Enterprises
- Reliance Globalcom set up world’s first global Mediterranean Gateway and Hub in Europe with HAWK cable system
- Reliance Globalcom Deployed Next-Generation IPv6 on its Global IP Backbone
- Launched high capacity resilient global IP backbone, Multi CoS Global Ethernet and VPLS services
- Reliance Globalcom structured its services in Data, Voice, Wimax and NLD business verticals
- Reliance Globalcom acquired U.K. based Global Managed Network Services provider Vanco Group Limited for USD 77M
- Reliance Globalcom unit Reliance Infocom BV, Netherlands acquired Global WiMAX Operator eWave World
- Reliance Globalcom Ltd formed to include Yipes Holdings, Inc.
- Reliance Globalcom completed acquisition of Yipes Holdings, Inc.
- Reliance Globalcom and Glasshouse inked landmark partnership to provide fully managed storage services including remote monitoring, reporting, and management of customer environments
- Reliance Globalcom announced FLAG NGN cable system to cover 60 countries contributing to 90% of world GDP
- FALCON cable system commenced commercial operations making it the largest undersea cable system in the world spanning 65,000 route kms
- Reliance Globalcom IPLC services launched, including ‘one stop shop’ access to India from locations globally
- The first segment of FALCON went live between Oman and India
- The cable laying phase of FALCON commenced with the inaugural landing of the fiber in Oman
- Reliance Globalcom announced the launch of several significant upgrades to its Global Ethernet Service, which had been in service since 2003 and wins the prestigious ‘Ethernet award for innovation.) The inclusion of new features such as VLAN support enables the service’s use for even more common communications needs
- Reliance Globalcom formally commenced FALCON deployment and announces a significantly increased number of landings in the Middle East region
- Reliance Globalcom provided a rapid-turnaround network solution to support Bahrain’s first ever Formula-1 Grand Prix
- Reliance Globalcom announced FALCON, a new high-capacity, resilient loop cable system providing multiple landings throughout the Gulf region, with submarine links to Egypt in the west and Hong Kong in the east, designed to unlock the broadband opportunity and meet the demands of the new growth economies
- Flag Telecom shareholders approved the amalgamation with Reliance Gateway
- Reliance Group acquired FLAG Telecom for USD 211 M