Senior Corporate /Telecoms In-House Counsel
LOCATION: DAKC, NAVI MUMBAI, INDIA
SUB FUNCTION: LEGAL
POSTED: 18 .06. 2015
This position will be reporting to the Group General Counsel and working in a team of 12 lawyers, he/she will work on all legal, regulatory and corporate matters relating to the company, including but not limited to strategic investments, commercial, capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, and other regulatory developments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Guide foreign direct investment under FIPB and RBI guidelines.
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Draft and administer all contracts
- Negotiate deals and attend company meetings
- Negotiate employee contracts
- Prepare and filing government reports
- Draft legal documents
- Review new business relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Advice on regulatory and compliance matters
- Assist in the drafting of employee handbooks
- Analyze legal issues relating to proposed products
- Manage outside counsel, particularly Indian counsel.
- Structure joint enterprises with other organizations.
Competency & Behavioral Skills:
- Proven law firm experience
- Proven background in corporate transactional law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws). Previous capital markets and/or M&A experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Current license to practice law
- Degree in Law. Indian Qualified
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Minimum of 10-15 years relevant telecom corporate law
- Candidates with experience – both outside legal firm and company in the telecom field is added advantage.
Education (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent