Level 3 Engineer
LOCATION: DAC – NAVI MUMBAI – INDIA
SUB FUNCTION: SERVICE ASSURANCE
POSTED: 20 APRIL 2015
Level 3 Engineer is a technical leadership role for all technical issues in Service Assurance.
Responsible for managing highly complex technical issues involving multiple technologies including networking, security, WAN optimization, cloud computing, etc for large enterprise customers.
Role will be responsible to provide work around for such cases and also work with the internal and external teams for permanent fix.
Responsible to support critical operational projects which involves complex customer network.
Role will be required to work in 24 x 7 rotational shift or as required by the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the Head of Specialized Service Center, this role will be the highest technical authority and will hold expertise in Service Assurance engineering team for Managed Services and solutions
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving highly complex issues or incidents involving AAN, Security and Networking technologies in the GCX core or in the Managed Services customer network
- Part of the level 3 engineering team, this role will have an expertise on the management systems, core network, security infrastructure, AAN service and customer design and solutions
- Individual will be end to end owner and completely accountable for the resolution, internal and external communications and customer satisfaction during MSO, escalated incidents or installations
- Responsible to guide teams to expedite the resolution for long pending and escalated cases and work with the peer groups (Incident Managers, Shift Leaders, etc) to manage the customer satisfaction
- Responsible to liaise with the service provider engineering teams to effectively drive technical teams in the vendor organization to expedite the incident resolution to achieve the agreed SLAs with the customers
- Responsible to support the incidents and maintenance on the GCX core network and at colocations. Drive and support the concerned teams to update the core network design documents
- Participate in planning, designing and implementation of major organizational projects. Responsible for vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and design reviews on both customer and core network
- Responsible for the impact assessment of the major projects and internal and provider planned events
- Ensure compliance to the GCX work instructions and process to ensure service quality to customers. Handle escalations from customers and be a focal point to all service related technical queries
- Individual will serve as the final technical escalation contact for all issues, incidents and escalation for the all both customers and internal core for the Managed Services Service Assurance
- Drive and meet all agreed SLA metrics as contracted by GCX and to minimize service impacts to customers within established cost parameters and act as point of contact for client and internal requests
- Mentor the Level 1 and Level 2 engineers in troubleshooting and resolving complex issues. Responsible for identifying permanent fixes and workarounds for known errors and unresolved complex issues
Skills and experience
- Extensive hands-on experience in service provider environment in conceptualizing, planning and design of core infrastructure and managed service solutions to support mission critical customer operations
- Expertise on relevant standards, routing and switching equipments, tools, industry trends, and enterprise managed VPN, WAN optimization, Security, Cloud Computing, and managed voice and video services
- Must be customer oriented with excellent blend of technical knowledge, vendor equipment capabilities, Innovative solution design abilities, documentation skills, and SLA understanding are required
- Must have good research skills, should be an out-of-box thinker and must have ability to envision services of the future over various platforms, including security, networking, AAN, cloud computing, etc.
- Must have working experience in integration with OSS/BSS systems, Fault/Configuration /Performance/SLA management, usage measurements, Scripting on Unix platform (Shell, Perl etc)
- Must have complex problem solving and analytical skills. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), documentation and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work under extreme challenging situations. In the previous experience should have demonstrated ability to lead complex technical discussions with customers
- Effective team player, ability to initiate and establish good relationships with internal partners Operations, Facilities, products / Solutions Engineering, and other Engineering team members
- Desirable to have knowledge on one or more of these transmission layer systems: Xtera DWDM, Ciena Core stream, Alcatel 1640 DWDM, Alcatel SDH Products, Lucent SDH Products, Ciena Core Director
- Must be willing to relocate to DAKC or other locations if required and should be willing to travel
- Should have the ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Overall Experience – 8+ Years, Relevant Core Technology Experience – 4+ Years, Post Essential Certification – 2+ Years
- CCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SEC, CCSE, BCXCE, BCCE, Cisco ASA Specialist, Cisco IPS Specialist, Cisco VPN Security Specialist, JNCIE R&S, CCIE R&S, CCIE SP, CCIE Voice, CCIE Collaboration, CCIE SP Operations CCIE DC, RCSP, ICOS, ICAS
- ITIL V3 Expert Certified, PCI, CISSP
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent