Integrated Solutions Team – Assistant Engineer
LOCATION: HEATHROW, LONDON
SUB FUNCTION: IST
POSTED: 13 DECEMBER 2016
The Integrated Solutions Team (IST) are responsible for all of GCX Managed Services shared products sets, services, hardware and infrastructure deployed in the Service Integration Points (VSIPs). This responsibility includes; Research, Design, Implementation, Maintenance, Change control, upgrades and enhancements.
The IST team handle 3 components: Changes, Implementation, and Solutions.
Implementation task is responsible for the documentation and allocation of all physical and logical technical attributes around the Virtual Service Integration Points. The engineer will work closely with the TDA/SA, PM, Pricing Analyst and Provisioning.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for the testing and installation of shared infrastructure equipment and circuits
- Assisting in Capacity planning on shared infrastructure circuits/equipment
- Updating the documentation for the shared infrastructure
- Liaise with carriers, hardware vendors and other 3rd parties
- Provide assistance for other shared infrastructure related installations/projects and to help resolve any technical issues
- Responsible for creating configurations on various different hardware platforms in accordance with the strict IST standards.
- Help on IST type 1 & 2 changes
- Working out of hours, either office or VSIP based
- From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given
Continue with the IST ordering/pricing process to ensure efficiency and scalability
- IST changes to be done within SLA and documentation and monitoring tools updated
- Continue with core migration projects (upgrades/cost saving exercises) within our infrastructure
- Continue with moves and changes. Making sure documenting is up-to-date and ensuring correct removal of ceased customer circuits and contexts.
- Ensure all IST VSIP documentation and monitoring tools (BSS and OSS) are maintained and up to date for all VSIP shared hardware and circuits.
- To ensure full and complete documentation of all VSIP hardware to port and VLAN level
- To ensure full and complete documentation of all shared private carrier connections (NNI’s) to customer and VLAN / VC level
- To ensure full and complete documentation of all shared public carrier connections to IP address level
- To respond to requests from the Pricing Team within agreed SLA
- To respond to requests from the Provisioning team within agreed SLA
- To assist in installation of all new VSIP physical hardware installed in the VSIPs
The main activities will involve making command line configuration changes on the following hardware:
- Foundry Switches (L2 & L3)
Skills and Experience (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- University Technical Degree or experience in a technical role
- D = Juniper Routing
- E = Cisco Routing
- D = Cisco Switching
- D = Cisco Design
- D = Cisco Troubleshooting
- Additional Requirements
- D = Experience working with Core MPLS Networks
Technical/Functional Skills (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
Good knowledge of routing and switching
Understanding of carrier network designs and architectures
Understanding of MPLS, BGP, IPSec, OSPF, IS-IS, Radius, VPN.
- E = Cisco Routing
- D = Juniper MX Routing
- D = Extreme Switching
- D = Foundry Switching
- E = Documentation skills
- E = Communication skills
- E = Self-starter, can use own initiative
- E = Remaining calm under pressure
- E = Able to deal with Senior management and translate technical details
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = University Technical Degree or experience in a technical role.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent