Dy Manager/Manager-Facility Engineer
DEPARTMENT: NETWORK PLANNING & ENGINEERING
SUB FUNCTION: FACILITY ENGINEERING
POSTED: 16 JULY 2015
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Director-Network Planning & Engineering team in preparing standard and customized solution for all the external and internal customer opportunities, working out costing and customer orders execution at all the global Pop sites, assist in making proposals for replacement of capitalized equipment at GCX facilities and COLO space expansions. This role would also require to assist in the space and power management/allocation, inventory updation, quote arrangement and vendor data base creation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review of space utilization and examine possibility of partial/full surrender or sublease of unused space.
- Co-ordination with operations, commercials and engineering on all facilities issues.
- Bidding & preparation of RFP/RFQ
- PR/CAR for facilities related OPEX and CAPEX.
- Process & Procedure: Responsible, with the other engineering departments standardize of internal and cross-functional processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness and standardization of technical specifications, documentation, etc.
- Customer Solutions: Responsible for supporting pre-sales for securing new opportunities by providing technical feasibility and design for Customer Solutions. Assessment of RFP provided by Customer Solutions/ Sales.
- Liaison with all the project stakeholders specially the NOC operation teams and field Engineers and make them understand the proposed design /MoP.
- Contributes to, is familiar with and adheres to design and infrastructure standards and operations processes. Promotes and enforces adoption of standards.
- Provides technical expertise for infrastructure system problems. Provides design expertise for complex solutions. Creates or contributes to cost-benefit analysis of competing solution designs.
- Organizes project activities that may require interdepartmental meetings and communication, ensuring completion of the program/project is on schedule and within budget constraints. Presents and drives ideas, schedules and projects within cross functional group and external partners; influences the strategy and direction of the team.
- Interfacing with vendors for different technical issues
- Maintains an awareness of developments in emerging technologies and disciplines relating to present and future products and solutions through personal research, continuing education, seminars/trade shows and related activities.
Key Performance Indicators
- Facilitates & provide support for new projects of GCX engineering & other team.
- Project drive for facilities infrastructure builds & capital items replacements.
- Vendor development & resource management
- Allocation of rack space, power and ODF ports at all the sites of GCX.
- Allocation of AC, DC electrical power, cooling capacities and building management system.
- Working out special Solutions for external and internal customers for space utilization and power.
- Designing and reviewing the design of facilities for optimal resources.
- Procurement of resources/equipment’s to meet the requirement.
- Building and updating master lay outs for each location.
- Keeping the records of all the sites related to Facility.
- Arranging quotes and raising the purchase requisition request for generation of PO.
- Verifying invoices and clearance in SAP as required.
- Monitoring and general analysis of Electricity charges of some important RGCL sites.
- Updating the floor plan in AutoCAD/Visio software for allocated footprint.
- Facilitates & provide support for new projects of GCX engineering team.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Data or carrier environment, wholesale or large ISP.
- Should have basic design ability of electrical network & system.
- Should have knowledge about Utility equipment.
- Should have aware of various electrical standard.
- Should have worked with in MS package, AutoCAD, Visio & project management software.
Competency & Behavioral Skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Should have commercial acumen & good analytic skill
- Effective team player, ability to initiate and establish good relationships with internal partners, Operations, Facilities, etc.
- Be able to demonstrate proactively in all aspects of the role.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily activities.
- Ability to work under pressure, and flexibility to support at odd hours during crisis and important events.
- Ability to adapt to multinational organization with diverse cultures
- Ability to multitask.
- Minimum of 7-9 years in a data center/Telecommunication or carrier environment, wholesale or large retail ISP.
- Intensive knowledge of all utility/facility equipment viz- UPS/ DC power plant (SMPS) & battery banks, HVAC, Access control system, HT/LT sub-station, Generator, Fire alarm & suppression & CCTV system.
- Strong operations background in facility & utility setup & ability to design the capacity of required facility & electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of different monitoring system and infrastructure, security, etc…
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Telecommunication).
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD/ Visio, Script writing in Excel, MS Access and Power Point Presentation, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent