LOCATION: HEATHROW, LONDON
SUB FUNCTION: SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING
A Customer Design Authority Manager UK (CDA) is required to join the UK Solutions Engineering team. The Customer Design Authority team is allocated customer accounts when the client is in Business As Usual. The CDA team is responsible for owning the end to end detailed design of the network for the duration of the client contract with Global Cloud Xchange.
A Customer Design Authority Manager UK (CDA) will therefore ensure that the correct approach is used by the team for all complex changes on the client network and will offer advice and support to ensure that they are implemented correctly.
Duties & Responsibilities
Work will involve
- Lab Testing
- Technical Changes
- ANP Support and Network Refresh Projects
- Design Faults
- Customer Meetings
- Other Technical Support.
Ensure CDAs carry out lab testing to support Type TC changes and testing of new design concepts for the client networks that they support.
Type TC Change Involvement
- Manage CDA client allocations
- Ensure CDAs support the Account TC with technical detail of type TC proposal. This will be in an advisory capacity.
- Ensure all CDAs update detailed design documentation if required.
- Ensure that the change engineer is aware of all technical documentation requiring updating as a result of the change.
- For complex changes, the CDA may be required to implement the change.
ANP Support & Network refresh projects
Advise the Account TC on ANP proposals.
The CDAs will investigate faults deemed as ‘design faults’ to find a resolution. This will involve troubleshooting the fault and ensuring changes get raised to rectify the fault. This may also involve in depth analysis with the client to find a resolution.
Design faults will be faults that have been investigated by level 3 engineers in the NMC and found to be part of a design issue that needs investigation by the end to end low level design owner.
Ensure that CDAs attend customer workshops/meetings for in depth design discussion.
Other Technical support
Ensure the CDA team offers advice for Assurance teams in the understanding of a customer network to assist them with troubleshooting and ensure that they have the correct level of technical support documentation.
Contact with others
- Internal: Technical Consultants, Technical Design Authority, Service managers, Service Delivery and Assurance Teams, Operations Management, Global IT Support Teams, Integrated Solutions Team
- External: Clients, Carriers, 3rd Party Suppliers
Skills and Experience
- Degree in an information technology or engineering based university course
- Experience with Cisco IOS features – DHCP, HSRP, IP services, IOS user interface, NAT, NTP and SNMP etc.
- Experience with WAN and LAN – MPLS, Frame relay, IPSEC VPN’s, RAS solutions, Ethernet, Token ring, VLAN’s etc
- CCNP/CCIP Routing and Switching – OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP, Redistribution, Filtering, summarization
- Low level design experience
- Security knowledge
- IPT solutions, Call manager and call manager express, Unity
- Team/people Management. Experience of managing a team.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrate technical ownership for delivering or supporting solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work.
- Manage multiple project workloads.
- Experience working with sales teams to develop complex customer solutions.
- Ability to interact with senior management internally and externally.
- Sense of ownership to see things through to completion.
- Fluent in written and verbal English and fluent in an additional language is desirable
Technical/Functional Skills (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Experience with Cisco IOS features – DHCP, HSRP, IP services, IOS user interface, NAT, NTP, SNMP etc
- E = 5+ years WAN and LAN experience – MPLS, Frame relay, IPSEC VPN’s, RAS solutions, Ethernet, VLAN’s etc
- D = European Language Capability
- D = Experience in VOICE IPT Skills
- D = Working knowledge of Bluecoat skills
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent