LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
SUB FUNCTION: SALES
POSTED: 18 AUGUST 2015
Lead and drive sales on a day to day basis to hit financial and sales targets in Americas and become an integral part in supporting the President of the Americas in achieving the goals and objectives of the Region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of a product portfolio with Reliance and move FLAG up the value chain and away from purely bandwidth sales.
- Key contributor to the assessment of business opportunities that can build FLAG and grows the business for the region.
- Orchestrate sales efforts to meet and exceed the region’s current revenue, expense, margin and market share goals.
- Reach out across multiple countries and cultures to leading CxOs within the leading telecom operators in preparation to the Region’s deregulation.
- Lead, manage and develop the Sales Team. Help the team adopt and strive for a winning stance in spite of the difficult market conditions. Assess skills across the sales team to ensure they are right to deliver these challenges.
- Build and implement sales strategy plans that best position the company to maximize its revenue streams and margins in accordance with company expectations.
- In line with recommendations from Marketing, implement the Partnership Programme.
- Develop and drive the Sales Strategy to ensure that Customer satisfaction is championed and that the company is shaping or responding to identified customer needs by driving necessary improvement programmes, with an ensuing improvement of the recurrent revenue stream.
- As a member of FLAG’s senior management team this position will be expected to contribute to the wider strategy of FLAG.
- Play an ambassadorial role, contribute to the corporate positioning.
- Provide market input and direction to the forward development of new capabilities
- Maintain a constant awareness of market intelligence with respect to competitors.
- Responsible for budget planning, forecasting and execution against plan.
Key Performance Indicators
- Helping sales team achieve their individual targets.
Skills and Experience
- Wholesale Carrier Sales with Quota carrying experience, Other Data Sales expertise
Competency & Behavioral Skills
- Confident and open interpersonal skills
- Leadership qualities to motivate and deliver sales target numbers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite products
- Internally works efficiently with Regional Team Members, Regional VP, COO, Product, Marketing, Engineering and Ops teams
- Externally works efficiently with Telecom Service Providers, Content Providers, ISP’s
- 10 years of experience with 5 years in telecom carrier sales business with quota responsibility
- The candidate should be proficient in Business and Relations management, dexterous in information collection and dissemination.
- Exposure to International Telecom Industry (probably US) with detailed sector knowledge
- Track record of high performance in a Sales environment and applied sales skills (e.g. negotiation)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate analysis into a Sales plan
- Extensive and high level network in the industry
- Strong target orientation and motivation
- Sound knowledge of Business Financial
- Telecom Knowledge
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Bachelor’s Degree with experience in International Telco Sales & Relationship Management
- D = BS & MBA
Additional Requirements (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Graduate with telecom domain knowledge
- D = Sales/Network/Telco Exposure
For Management Positions Only
- Number of people directly supervised: 5
- Total size of the team: Account Mangers and Sales Engineering Team Members
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent