LOCATION: BRENTFORD LONDON
SUB FUNCTION: TDA/SPECIALIST
A Technical Design Authority with IPT experience is required to join the UK TDA & Specialist team. The TDA will be responsible for the pre sales high level design support and then ownership of the low level design, testing and implementation of a customer solution. A technical solution may include WAN and IPT. This role will also involve working closely with the IPT Team in Mumbai and supporting existing IPT clients and products if required.
Duties & Responsibilities
The TDA/Specialist role will involve but is not limited to
- Solution design approval and involvement with solution design pre contract signature
- Low Level Technical design ownership of projects from contract signature to ensure technical delivery of the solution according to the design
- Routing and configuration design and documentation
- Migration planning and documentation
- Attending technical customer meetings and internal project meetings
- Preparing technical and testing documentation and supporting testing stages of projects
- Supporting core site installations, systems testing and pilot testing
- Point of escalation for implementation during roll out
- Product development support, testing and development of new product solutions and enhancements if required.
- Client project IPT solution design approval and involvement with solution design pre contract signature
- Client IPT project support post contract signature
- 3rd level IPT fault escalation support in IPT
- Complex change support and BAU change escalations if necessary in IPT.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in an information technology or engineering based university course
- Cisco WAN up to CCNP type level
- Cisco IPT, up to CCVP type level.
- In depth WAN and LAN experience – MPLS, Frame relay, IPSEC VPN’s, RAS solutions, Ethernet, Token ring, VLAN’s etc.
- IPT exposure essential to this role.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrate technical ownership for delivering or supporting solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work.
- Manage multiple project workloads.
- Experience working with sales teams to develop complex customer solutions.
- Ability to interact with senior management internally and externally.
- Sense of ownership to see things through to completion.
- Fluent in written and verbal English and fluent in an additional language is desirable
Technical/Functional Skills (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- E = Full end to end QOS knowledge – Classification, Congestion management and avoidance, Policing and shaping, link efficiency mechanisms etc.
- D = Good understand of Security Appliances
- D = Good understanding of Cisco Voice Solutions
- D = Able to gain quick understanding of the scalability for a given solution.
- D = Able to produce effective fault strategies and win customers trust.
- The position requires prior experience in a similar role.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent