LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
SUB FUNCTION: SALES
POSTED: 02 MARCH 2016
This role will be half account manager and half customer service manager. The Service Representative will be responsible for renewing & up selling existing accounts (<$5,000 Per Month in Billing), prospecting new accounts in our lit building assets and other locations, maintaining a pipeline in Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC), creating SOFs, complete booking packages, booking orders, disconnecting orders, working on local marketing campaigns and all other required account maintenance. The role will also have a prospecting component that will drive meetings and or opportunities for our outside sales reps. This could be up to 20% of role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Service Representative will be assigned a large number of low MRR accounts. Your primary responsibility will be to renew and up-sell these accounts. Other duties will be to acquire new logos by cold calling into our lit assets and working with the RVPs and Marketing on local marketing campaigns Additional duties could be cold calling into larger accounts to set up meetings for outside sales reps.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all change and pricing requests to the customer. Conduct regular reviews with any/all departments involved in the creation of such pricing.
- Account Planning Reviews: To conduct regular Account reviews with your Manager and virtual teams, in line with key stated timescales, outlined by the customer and GCX mgt.
- Billing and Invoicing: Responsible for the data accuracy of all new orders raised, through to first correct bill. To help in the resolution of all billing and invoicing queries.
- Debt Collection: To help in the resolution of all outstanding customer debt, either directly or indirect.
Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver against all key commission plan targets
- Activity – 4 customer meetings per week, 3 of which must be Sales development.
- Pipeline – A 3:1 ration to be maintained against a 90 day contribution target
- Monthly Forecast Commitment – This should be (+) (-) 10% of the committed number, and be in line with an approximate monthly number to meet the annual target.
- Forecast – To be updated once a week with changes to pipeline status.
Skills and Experience (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Ability to be trained on and navigate through various information systems and data bases
- E = Proficient in Microsoft Office suit
Competency & Behavioral Skills:
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to communicate with customers in an effort to sell products as directed
- Able to work and develop strong relationships internally with all departments required to maintain high customer satisfaction
- Able to work and develop strong relationships externally as the primary point of customer contact for designated accounts
- 1-2 years customer service
- 1-2 years sales experience (desired but not required)
- E = Ability to present solutions to non-technical client representatives ……
- D = Demonstrated success in Inside Sales or Customer Service via phone or in person meetings
- Network appropriately within the industry to help make new client contacts for further GCX growth
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = High School Diploma
- D = BS/BA Degree highly desirable
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent