Service Manager & Team Leader Operations
DEPARTMENT: CUSTOMER OPERATIONS
SUB FUNCTION: OPERATIONS AND SERVICE MANAGEMENT
POSTED: 08 DECEMBER 2015
The Service Manager & Team Leader Operations Benelux has two main functions. He/ She will be the Manager of the Operations Team in Benelux and provide guidance and steering to their subordinates. He/ She will act as a role model for them and act as escalation point for any operations related items for his/her team. Furthermore the incumbent will be the Service Manager for specific client(s) from the region. In this function he/she owns and manages the day-to-day relationship with assigned Customers and by virtue of these relationships, engenders a positive environment to facilitate profitable revenue growth and Customer Retention. The Service Manager assumes ongoing service improvements and acts as a service champion.
Service Management as well as the other operational roles are customer facing and most often the focal point of contact for GCX Customers. Service Managers handle requests, questions and escalations during the Service Operational Phase and can be involved with Customers from new business prospect through to the end of the contract period.
In the role as Service Manager the individual has named accounts allocated and works as a peer to the Account Manager. He/ She ensures – through liaising with the Customer Operations Groups and a broad range of internal resources – that GCX delivers all the services contracted for by the Customer to the highest standards acceptable to the Customer and GCX.
The other operational roles that will be supervised are Assurance- , Change- and Project Managers.
The main areas of focus are Customer satisfaction and -communication, encompassing Service Delivery and Assurance as well as service improvement initiatives, accompanied by responsibilities for service reporting during regular Customer meetings, documentation audits and Service Plans.
This is both a reactive and proactive role; reactively responding to Customer requests and escalations and proactively identifying issues and service development opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
A local Service Director in Benelux ensures that GCX delivers all the services contracted for by Customers to the highest standards:
- Provide a focal point of responsibility for specified Customer accounts and champion their needs in the provision and maintenance of GCX and Third Party services
- Monitor all nominated Customers’ services against contractual SLAs and KPIs to ensure quality is maintained and improved
- Provide the Customer with a reliable and accessible point of escalation for all service- and process related matters
- Keep the Customer well informed, particularly when dealing with faults and complaints
- Report, analyze and present SLA performance to the Customer’s management on a regular basis during Service Meetings at Customer headquarters
- Assume ownership either directly or indirectly for ongoing service improvements and day to day operational responsibility as service champion
- Constantly evaluate and report Customer satisfaction to ensure that appropriate actions are taken when necessary
- Resolve any issues endangering the Customer’s satisfaction either directly or indirectly
- Engender a successful business relationship to facilitate successful up selling
- Retain revenue on existing accounts and support the Account Manager in the renewal of existing contracts
- Support New Business during bids
- In addition to this the incumbent will be the escalation point for his subordinates and their clients.
- He/she will manage the team and set performance targets and measure the team against that
- He/she will help to develop individuals to excel in their role as a Service, Change, Project and or Assurance Manager
- He/she will manage the local Service Desk and support and guide the ASM Team/individuals on their Ticket-, Incident- and Problem Management functions
- Ensure daily service, plan holiday and on call pattern
- Lead team and Develop Culture – Identify and develop desired culture, lead and deliver implementation. Ensures best practice employee management and health and safety
- Manage compliance with service objectives including maintenance providers and internal service teams.
- Managing services to meet agreed contracted service levels and within budget constraints
- Oversee the Change Management function as well as project management function within the Benelux and drive the performance of all areas against agreed KPIs
Skills and Experience
- 10 years working experience in IT/ Telecommunications Industry
- Previous service-related/ Customer-facing professional track record
- Previous Service Management and desirably Operational Management Experience
- 3 years previous Team Management Experience
- Ability to use a high degree of innovation and creativity to facilitate the swift resolution of service issues of varying complexity
- Experienced in management communication and presenting to clients and larger audiences (PowerPoint)
- MS Office
- WAN Technology Basics
- ITIL Foundation V. 3.0
- WAN-provider/ Telco track record
- Remedy Knowledge/ Incident Ticket Systems
- Cisco Basics
- ITIL Process Planning .
- Successful Negotiator
- Excellent Communicator, both written and verbal.
- Telecommunications customer operations experience
- Call Centre & Site management experience
- Degree: University
Fluent in English/Dutch language
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent