Service Delivery Manager
LOCATION: DENVER, COLORADO
DEPARTMENT: ES OPERATIONS
SUB FUNCTION: SERVICE DELIVERY
POSTED: 8th JANUARY 2016
This position is responsible for order acceptance, task creation, coordination and tracking of all service deliverables and migrations. Furthermore it is the primary liaison between all internal Reliance organizations and Service Delivery. As the customer advocate the SDM role will be focused on facilitating on-time delivery of projects as well as ensuring overall customer satisfaction. The SDM is also responsible for coordination of weekly status meetings, updates, reporting of all outstanding issues and action items relating to the customer account.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acceptance of order in system.
- Overall responsible for service delivery within committed time frame.
- Work with all the functions within service delivery chain and ensure the team meets all agreed SLA metrics as contracted and to minimize service impacts to customers.
- Act as administrative and technical escalation point for customers.
- Monitor performance to ensure compliance with process.
- Interact with customers, suppliers & Internal RGCom teams .
- Escalate issues to manager as required.
- Highly customer focused with an ability to comprehend complex issues quickly and to develop new skills.
- Drive resolution through third parties such as carriers, installation suppliers.
- Maintain customer communications during Order life cycle.
- Escalate issues in accordance with RGCom procedures.
Key Performance Indicators
- Handle orders and manage customer’s expectation.
- Customer centric approach.
- On Time Delivery: Establish an overall on-time delivery objective of 95% of MRR due.
- Backlog Trend: Ensure that backlog orders are worked in a timely manner. Establish an overall objective on no more than 3% cumulative MRR backlog vs. MRR due.
- Customer Service: Ensure customer satisfaction in order to maintain CSAT score above 90%
Skills and experience (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- E = Order management competence with strong project management skills.
- E = Ability to communicate with customers and gain their confidence.
- E = Ability to multitask and to efficiently work orders through their life cycles.
- E = Knowledge of industry standards and networking principles.
- E = Ability to break down complex task into manageable, easily tackled tasks.
- E = Workload management – Ability to work to multiple deadlines and coordinate multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- E = Experience and ability to handle customer escalations.
- E = Delivers to targets and is performance focused.
- E = Ability to perform on call duties per business needs
- E = Exceptional team player
- E = Exceptional English language skills written and verbal
- E = Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- E = Good MS Office application suite skills.
- D = Experience working with global carriers and ISPs
- D = CAPM or PMP Certifications
- D = OSS:
- D = IP:
- Networking Skills
- Cisco certification
Competency & Behavioral Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide customer service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization. Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines: Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the unit.
- Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions: Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, either independently or as part of a team, under pressure of competing deadlines and with frequent interruptions, working from own initiative and/or following direction, policies, or procedures. Ability to identify customer needs and maintain and support a customer service philosophy. Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and resolve problems in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team: Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the unit.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion: Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters. Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment. Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities. Skills sufficient to maintain productivity in a fast-paced environment undergoing organizational changes
- Internally works efficiently with various departments such as Sales, Sales Engineering, Vendor Management, Provisioning and Activations.
- Externally works efficiently with customers, involvement with third party suppliers and vendors on an as needed basis.
Experience (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- E = General understanding of Data Communication Services – Physical and Logical
- E = Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- E = Strong command of the English language, including excellent spoken and written English skills
- E = Able to manage suppliers and to escalate issues at a senior level
- E = Ability to write clear reports.
- E = Demonstrated ability to proactively drive service improvements.
- E = Excellent Microsoft Office and PC skills
- E = Must have a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience working in a similar environment preferably for an ISP or Telco; however other fields will be considered.
- E = 3 years directly related domain experience
- E = 1 year related international experience.
- E = Experienced in engaging with customers and suppliers to understand problems, extracting key information to allow the GSC to troubleshoot issues and translating where required complex technical issues in to plain English.
- E = Experience working with global carriers and ISPs e.g. BT, Verizon,
- E = Project management skills
- D = Worked on Remedy based applications
- D = Understanding of Telco’s OSS/BSS system
Education (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- E = Undergraduate degree
- D = B.E. in Electrical/Electronics/Telecom/IT/ Computer Science Engineering or equivalent or masters
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time