Senior Technical Consultant
LOCATION: BRENTFORD, UK
SUB FUNCTION: TECHNICAL CONSULTANCY
POSTED: 15 FEBRUARY 2016
The Senior TC Role is a customer facing, pre-sales role that acts as technical lead in supporting new sales, contract extensions and RFPs. The ideal candidate is an expert at designing connectivity solutions (EPLs, Optical Waves, Global Ethernet, MPLS) on a global scale and has a proven track record in engaging clients at a technical and commercial level. Knowledge of international cable systems, IP Transit and how to optimise connectivity to Cloud Service providers is a must.
Reporting directly to the Head of UK TC
Duties & Responsibilities
Support the UK New Business Sales Team in new business acquisitions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Identifying new prospects, qualify opportunities, respond to RFI/RFP documents and provide support in other stages of the bid process
- Be responsible for the production of leading designs in the areas of connectivity, Global Ethernet, Optical Waves, WAN, interconnecting with Cloud Service Providers, Application Optimisation, Security, RAS, Voice, LAN and Hosting
- Possess excellent presentation skills and be able to address various types of audiences, including CxOs level, both at technical and commercial level
- Show attention to details and accuracy in the production of cost models and high level diagrams for New Business opportunities
Support the Account Managers/Account Directors with all existing account business activity on named accounts. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Liaise with existing customers to gather/reconfirm all technical requirements to ensure a competent and deliverable solution is designed.
- Liaise internally to ensure that any solution has been validated by following internal processes.
- Attending relevant customer meetings
- Host “Technical Workshops” where the TC leads discussions with clients discussing technologies and potential solutions.
- Present the solutions to the customers provide written documentation to the account teams for inclusion in any proposals.
- Gather and present all “hard” costs associated with the network design internally to the account team for pricing.
- Provide design and cost input into the ANP process where appropriate.
Provide required post-sales support to Project Mangers with the implementation of successful contracts or changes. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure all sales activity, documentation and handovers are completed in line with current company process
- Attend relevant internal/external meetings
- Respond in accordance with the timescales laid out in the TC process to any Type TC changes that occur during a project rollout to which the TC is assigned
Key Performance Indicators
- Hit quarterly Revenue and SOV targets
- Be successful on at least 2 large RFPs, ANPs or contract resigns per year
- Run a Technology Workshop on at least one of the allocated accounts per quarter
Skills and experience (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Experience in UK and global carrier markets
- E = Proven track record in designing connectivity solutions: EPL, IPLCs, Optical Waves, Global Ethernet, MPLS and IPSec VPNs
- E = Able to demonstrate a good level of understanding across a broad range of technical subjects and be able to apply this knowledge to a customer’s specific requirements, potentially when un-prepared in pre-sales customer meetings
- D = Experience in advanced services: LAN design, IP Telephony, Security, Application Optimisation, Data Centre hosting and SD-WAN
- E = Solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- E = Solid understanding of cable systems and transmission technologies (SDH, OTN)
- E = Solid understanding of WAN core and access technologies
- E = Proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel, Visio and Powerpoint
Competency & Behavioral Skills:
- E = Able to consolidate different elements of a technical solution into a design of high standard
- E = Able to work to tight deadlines and produce work that is correct and market leading
- E = Confident in face-to-face internal and external meetings. Demonstrates strong communication skills
- E = Highly self-motivated and work well under pressure
- E = Able to work well in a team environment but also on an individual basis to ensure tasks/actions are prioritised and completed.
- E = Able to travel within the UK when required
- D = Able to travel outside the UK when required
- E = 5 years of international telecom experience
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Degree in Information Technology or Business Studies, or Engineering based degree
- D = CCNP or similar
- BE Electronics
- D = Second European language
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent