LOCATION: COURBEVOIE – FRANCE
SUB FUNCTION: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
POSTED: 04 MARCH 2016
- The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on behalf of Vanco within the constraints laid down by the sponsor and the contract or as instructed by his/her manager.
- Ensure project governance is agreed, documented and signed off in the Project Initiation Document and implemented in accordance with this agreement. This is to include the appropriate risk management strategy.
- Ensure that the project is progressed through the Vanco Seven Stage Gate methodology and is formally signed off at each stage by the appropriate signatories.
- Produce all of the relevant documentation as instructed via the Vanco Project Delivery Process.
- Provide pre-contract support to the Vanco sales team during the bid process as requested by his/her line manager. This may include, but is not limited to, producing project plans, financial cost models, RAID logs and representing the PM team in meetings.
- Develop strong customer relationships at the appropriate level to ensure that full customer support is forthcoming when the project encounters issues.
- Ensure data is entered into management systems as required.
- Maintain accurate cost and revenue project statements to allow the financial health of a project to be monitored.
- Ensure billable cost overruns are invoiced to the customer and any additional billing opportunities are identified to the commercial teams.
- Distribute knowledge in a positive fashion to the rest of the Vanco Project Management team to ensure that each member of the team gains from experiences on the project a Project Manager is running.
- Comply with the published group technical processes.
- Involvement in other ad hoc project matters as required
Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Manager has to be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of a project to the contracted technical, financial, quality and timescale specifications
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience within the Telecoms and Vendor environment. A minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Able to demonstrate strong business understanding
- Strong management skills (tasks, priorities, time management)
- Confident and tenacious individual who understands the importance of ownership and management
- Ability to think on his/her feet and devise solutions to complicated logistical, commercial and management issues
- Ability to motivate a project team and influence other project team members in a positive fashion
- Proven ability to track and manage costs and revenues to a budget
- Ability to work under pressure of strong deadlines without losing quality of output, High energy, positive, and achievement driven with passion for success
- Committed to taking personal ownership and responsibility
- Committed to ongoing learning and personal development
- Flexible work ethic
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation, numeracy and written skills
- The position requires a Degree or equivalent work experience and 3+ years of experience in similar role.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent