Head of Service Delivery Germany
DEPARTMENT: CUSTOMER OPERATIONS
SUB FUNCTION: CHANGE AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
POSTED: 02 FEBRUARY 2016
The Head of Service Delivery Germany has two main functions. He/ She will be the Manager of the combined Project Management (PM) and Change Management (CM) teams in Germany and provide guidance and steering to their subordinates. He/ She will act as a role model and as escalation point for any PM & CM related items for his/her team. Furthermore the HoSD Germany will be acting as the Change Manager for Important and Escalated Changes for the regions largest and most important client.
In this function he/she oversees and manages critical Change Requests and the relationship with clients key personnel and by virtue of these relationships, engenders a positive environment to facilitate profitable revenue growth and Customer Retention. The HoSD assumes ongoing service improvements and acts as a service champion.
Project and Change Management is customer facing and most often the focal point of contact for GCX Customers. Project and Change Managers handle, besides overall Change Requests or Projects also diverse client requests, questions and escalations during the Service Operational Phase and can be involved with Customers from new business prospect through to the end of the contract period.
Project Managers manage larger client projects for existing clients and/or new clients against set and agreed timescales, budget and client satisfaction.
The role includes developing close working relationships with our customers, supporting new bid opportunities with our Sales department, successful handover to the assurance function, working with 3rd party suppliers and driving improvements from our partner. The role will lead the development and implementation of industry best practices for process, system and people development.
Change Managers manage individual Change Requests (CRs) or larger sets of CRs against timescales, budget and clients satisfaction.
Both teams are crucial for GCX to deliver all the services contracted for by the Customer to the highest standards acceptable to the Customer and GCX.
The main areas of focus are Customer satisfaction in regards to all Service Delivery elements and -communication, encompassing Change and Project as well as improvement initiatives, accompanied by responsibilities for reporting during regular Customer meetings/calls, documentation Project Plans or Work IN Progress (WIP) Sheets.
Both are reactive and proactive roles; reactively responding to Customer requests and escalations and proactively identifying issues and service development opportunities as well as actively handling Projects or CRs.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Head of Service Delivery Germany ensures that GCX delivers Projects and Changes contracted for by assigned Customers to the highest standards:
Ensure that all customer managed by the team start and finish with a high level of customer satisfaction:
- Customer agreed Service Level Agreements
- Project RAG weekly & monthly status reports
- Customer Reports – “green”
- Delivering Services to customers on time and to the right Quality
- Managing customer and internal stakeholder expectations
- Provide a focal point of responsibility for specified Customer Projects or CRs and champion their needs in the provision of GCX and Third Party services
- Provide the Customer with a reliable and accessible point of escalation for all Project and/or Change related matters
- Keep the Customer well informed, particularly when dealing with escalated cases or important projects
- Engender a successful business relationship to facilitate successful up selling
- Support New Business during bids if required
- In addition to this the HoSD will be the escalation point for his subordinates (Change and Project Managers) and their clients.
- He/she will manage the team and set performance targets and measure the team against that
- He/she will help to develop individuals to excel in their role as a Change and/or Project Manager
- Lead team and Develop Culture – Identify and develop a culture for individual and team improvement through management of training, mentoring and leadership initiatives
- Support and develop team work with other departments and back office Teams based in India
- Ensure good co-operations and partnership between those teams
- Ensures best practice employee management and health and safety
- Manage compliance with service objectives including providers and internal service teams.
- Managing CRs and Projects to meet agreed contracted service levels and within budget constraints
Skills and Experience
- 10 years working experience in IT/ Telecommunications Industry
- Previous service-related/ Customer-facing professional track record
- In depth Change Management and Project Management Experience
- ITIL – Change Management certified or skilled
- Price 2 or PMP or similar Project Management certification
- Min. 3 years previous Team Management Experience
- Ability to use a high degree of innovation and creativity to facilitate the swift resolution of service issues of varying complexity
- Experienced in management communication and presenting to clients and larger audiences (PowerPoint)
- MS Office
- WAN Technology Basics
- ITIL Foundation V. 3.0 desired
- WAN-provider/ Telco track record
- Successful Negotiator
- Excellent Communicator, both written and verbal.
- Degree: FH (Fachhochschule) Level TU (technische Universität)
Fluent in English/German language
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent