Carrier Commercial Manager
LOCATION: BRENTFORD, UK
SUB FUNCTION: CARRIER COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT
POSTED: 20 JANUARY 2016
This Carrier Commercial Manager (Europe) position reports to the Procurement Team Lead in Europe which is a part of the global Procurement Team under GCX’s Finance function. The Procurement Team for Europe manages the ‘cost of sale’ for the region & the members are the commercial interface with the telco suppliers focusing on strategic purchases & complex negotiations.
The key tasks for the position are to manage the assigned suppliers to enable GCX purchase competitively to win new businesses & meet the network cost reduction target for the region under the company’s Annual Operating Plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communication with various departments of the Sales, Pricing, Provisioning and Operations departments.
- Contacting suppliers based in the region.
- Manage the commercial negotiations with the vendors in the region focusing on strategic purchases & complex negotiations. To ensure that GCX is purchasing services competitively within the region from existing suppliers
- Identify & introduce new suppliers to support GCX’s geographic coverage & service expansion requirements. Manage the supplier selection process.
- Identify and implement network cost reduction projects to meet GCX’s Annual Operating Plan budget targets for the region.
- Co-ordinate with the rest of the Procurement & Finance team to ensure vendor billing accuracy
- As the knowledge expert of supplier offerings & solution in the region, proactively update market developments & supplier capabilities to the Quotation Team (also under Procurement) based in India.
- Detailed understanding of the contractual commercial agreements between GCX and suppliers, including SLA’s
- Provide support on supplier escalations
- Provide analysis and reporting on supplier spend and cost reduction activities for the region
- Circuit inventory management may be needed
Key Performance Indicators
- Cost Reductions on spend levels for allocated suppliers
- Pricing & Product competitiveness within your region
- Telco Matching Accuracy
- Bid support on large deals
- Supplier Performance against SLA
Skills and Experience (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- E = Previous working contact with European carriers at a commercial, engineering or service support related position (E)
- E = Very good knowledge of telecom products and suppliers
- Should have worked with MS package, Visio, EXCEL, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Ability to initiate and establish good relationships with peers.
- Occasional travel to various work sites may be required.
Competency & Behavioral Skills:
- Results focused and the ability to deliver requirements against tight deadlines
- Significant experience in commercial sourcing
- Should have handled Contract Management / negotiations in the past
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize daily business activities
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player
- 3+ years of international telecom experience,
- 2+ years of relevant telco procurement experience
Education (“E” denotes Essential & “D” Denotes Desirable)
- D = MBA / Degree in Business, Finance or Engineering
- Good command, or fluency, in German or Spanish (D)
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent