Technical Design Authority (TDA)
LOCATION: HEATHROW, LONDON
SUB FUNCTION: TDA
POSTED: 21 APRIL 2017
The main responsibility will be to support the security solutions offered by the company and support the global pre sales and post sales teams in selling and delivering these solutions. Where necessary for complex or high value accounts, the security TDA will perform the security engineering role to deliver the solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Security TDA role will involve but is not limited to:
- Standard security product management support.
- Pre sales support and involvement with security solution design pre contract signature Post-sales project and change technical delivery
- Post-sales support and escalation point to the security engineering team for projects and changes as necessary.
Complete the Security Engineering role for the more complex projects
- Low Level Technical design ownership of projects from contract signature to ensure technical delivery of the solution according to the design
- Security policy configuration design and documentation
- Migration planning and documentation
- Attending technical customer meetings and internal project meetings as required
- Preparing technical and testing documentation and supporting testing stages of projects supporting security solutions installations, systems testing and pilot testing
- Point of escalation for other customer complex network security delivery issues
Key Performance Indicators
- Security product development support
- Pre sales solution support for bids globally.
- Global post sales security solution delivery support
- Build relationship with key customers
- Own complex customer security changes
- Complete internal changes within SLA (48 hours)
- Document customer changes
- Able to learn and work on given security technology
- Provide engineering support to 3rd level security team
- Design Approval – Ensure that high level pre sales designs are approved according to process timeline
- Ensure all internal and external documentation deliverables are completed to a high standard and according to the project timelines.
- Low level design ownership – Demonstrate complete technical ownership of a design during the project phase of a roll out.
- Ensure that there are no technical issues with project delivery.
- Handover – All internal handovers are completed according to project timelines
- The successful candidate will need to have worked in the Telecommunications industry or ISP environment for more than 8 years and have proven experience in low level design of security solutions
- The Candidate will also need to be able to demonstrate hands on configuration of firewalls, proxy servers and IDP/IPS. The candidate will be responsible for owning the technical delivery of the client security solutions and therefore will need to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ownership.
- Self driven individual with proven record of developing security solutions
- Ability to support, motivate and drive others.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and interact with third parties.
- Demonstrate technical ownership for delivering solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in client facing presentations and customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work.
- Manage multiple project workloads.
- Experience working with sales teams to develop complex customer solutions.
- Ability to interact with senior management internally and externally.
- Sense of ownership to see things through to completion
Technical/Functional Skills (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- D = Juniper firewalls (ScreenOS), Juniper NSM, Blue Coat Proxy, Blue Coat AV, Juniper IDP, Cisco ASA, Fortigate, paulo Alto
- D = CCSP/CCNP Security
- D = JNCIS-FWV, CISSP, BCCP
- D = Cisco routing and switching
- D = Unix/Linux scripting skills
- E = Excellent Hands on Routing and switching skills
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent