Technical Design Authority (TDA)
LOCATION: HEATHROW, LONDON
SUB FUNCTION: TDA
POSTED: 23 NOVEMBER 2016
The TDA will be responsible for the pre sales high level design approval and then ownership of the low level design, testing and implementation of a customer solution. A technical solution may include WAN, LAN, IPT, AAN and Security.
Duties & Responsibilities
The TDA role will involve but is not limited to:
- Solution design approval and involvement with solution design pre contract signature
- Low Level Technical design ownership of projects from contract signature to ensure technical delivery of the solution according to the design
- routing and configuration design and documentation
- Migration planning and documentation
- Attending technical customer meetings and internal project meetings
- Preparing technical and testing documentation and supporting testing stages of projects
- supporting core site installations, systems testing and pilot testing
- Point of escalation for implementation during roll out
- Design Approval – Ensure that high level pre sales designs are approved according to process timeline
- Ensure all internal and external documentation deliverables are completed to a high standard and according to the project timelines.
- Low level design ownership – Demonstrate complete technical ownership of a design during the project phase of a roll out.
- Ensure that there are no technical issues with project delivery.
- Handover – All internal handovers are completed according to project timelines.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrate technical ownership for delivering solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in client facing presentations and customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work.
- Manage multiple project workloads.
- Experience working with sales teams to develop complex customer solutions.
- Ability to interact with senior management internally and externally.
- Sense of ownership to see things through to completion.
- Fluent in written and verbal English and fluent in an additional language is desirable
- The successful candidate will need to have gained sufficient experience in the Telecommunications industry in low level design of large scale wide area computer networks.
- The candidate will need to have previous experience in a technical design role.
- The Candidate will also need to be able to demonstrate CCIE level skills in routing and switching and have experience in a client facing role. The candidate will be responsible for owning the technical delivery of the client network and therefore will need to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ownership.
- Able to travel within and outside of the UK when required
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Able to work well in a team environment but also on an individual basis to ensure tasks/actions are completed.
- Able to take initiative and also able to take direction from the Team leader
Technical/Functional Skills (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = CCNP
- D = CCIE
- E = Cisco WAN & LAN design – End to end low level design experience in WAN & LAN technologies.
- E = Excellent Hands on Routing and switching skills
- D = AAN experience in Ipanema or Riverbed
- D = IPT experience in Cisco call manager
- D = Experience with Juniper
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent