Senior Sales Trainer
LOCATION: DAKC, NAVI MUMBAI
SUB FUNCTION: TRAINING
The mission of the Training and Internal communications team is to focus on the development and delivery of content, messaging, training, and technology to improve overall productivity and effectiveness within the business.
This position is responsible for developing, executing the GCX/RCOM training strategy. This role will further develop the sales organization on the latest products/solutions, technology, systems, processes, sales skills, and accelerate the onboarding of new sales hires.
This role requires collaboration with sales leadership, product management, product marketing, HR and other departments to develop training programs and content which ensures business objectives are met. Excellent presentation skills, as well as, excellent written/oral communications skills are critical for this position
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery instructor-led training programs on product, process, systems, sales skills and other related content.
- Conduct training programs virtually when needed (e.g., net conference, webinars, etc.).
- Design quality training materials to educate sales teams (case studies, product training, systems documentation, orientation, and custom work).
- Determine training needs of the sales organizations (or other teams as needed).
- Gather feedback from sales team on a regular basis to constantly improve training programs.
- Manage the rollout, adoption and knowledge transfer of key sales tools (e.g., Salesforce, ordering systems, etc.)
- Ability to train other areas such as soft skills (e.g., presentation skills, leadership skills, etc.); new hire orientation, etc.
- Manage the Learning Management system (LMS).
- Convert training content to online learning.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of content development, quality of training/communications, timeliness of project delivery…others TBD.
Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years; Candidates with fewer years of experience may be considered for Manager Position.
Additional Requirements (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = 5-8 years sales training experience
- E = Advanced English written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- E = • Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- E = Excellent presentation/facilitation skills.
- E = Broad knowledge of the telecommunication’s industry, products and services.
- E = Strong computer skills (word, power point, excel, etc.)
- E = Strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- E = Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- E = Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements/environment.
- E = Ability to balance numerous priorities and deadlines while maintaining professionalism.
- E = Ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- E = Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- E = Creative and strategic thinker.
- E = Ability to travel internationally (occasionally).
Technical/Functional Skills (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Training Focus: Ties training to GCX’s mission and vision. Brings learners back to these areas often
- E = Need Analysis: Does appropriate analysis to:
- E = Understand true nature of the problem/issue at hand, and desired performance improvement needed to correct the problem.
- D = Determine if training is appropriate solution, or if problem can be corrected by a different performance improvement solution such as procedure revision, development of appropriate job aids, etc.
- D = Determine learning objectives that result in desired performance improvements.
- D = Identify needed knowledge and skills that align with desired new behaviors.
- E = Identify learning styles and needs of participants, and incorporate needs into workshop design.
- D = Content Development:
- E = Incorporate adult learning principles into all designs.
- D = Designs either classroom instruction or self-study materials dependent on learning needs.
- D = Understands that “less is more” in regards to course development. Content emphasizes the essentials, not every possible detail.
- D = Designs training that utilize clean and simple overheads and charts.
- E = Provides participant materials that contain needed materials, but does not overwhelm the participant by their size.
- E = Evaluation: Develops an appropriate evaluation process to capture information on training’s effectiveness, learning retention by participants, and use of learning in day-to-day business practices.
Facilitation (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Can bring course content “alive” through use of word pictures, metaphors and analogies.
- D = Knows when to use lecture versus other forms of facilitation such as directed questions, group discussion, etc.
- D = Knows the impact of his/her personality on his/her facilitation style, and uses these strengths to facilitate effectively.
- D = Can model the material’s desired learning.
- D = Can explain and/or demonstrate the connection of the material to the goals and objectives of the organization.
- E = Prepares and practices delivery sufficiently to ensure “flawless delivery”.
- E = Demonstrates an observable enthusiasm for GCX, course, material, delivery and improvement of participants.
- E = Can use the success of the particular learning event to sell the participants on the value of personal and professional development
- E = Exudes an enjoyment of facilitation and acting as a guide for the learning.
Technology Proficiency (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- D = Stays up-to-date on how to use available technology.
- D = Uses technology that fits the course and is appropriate for the organization.
- E = Can use computer-based technologies (word processing, email, internet/intranet, etc.) that fit the work practices of the participants.
Personal Professional Development (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Has a hunger for personal growth, knowledge and learning. Keeps up-to-date with developments in sales and training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- D = Has a broad range of interests. Continually seeks improvement in all walks of life.
- D = Acts as an advocate for education in all areas.
- E = Seeks feedback as a key to improvement.
Education (“E” denotes Essential and “D” denotes Desirable)
- E = Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or Sales/Product/Sales Support equivalent work experience
- E = Previous training certification(s).
- D = MBA, desirable
- D = Previous Sales Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent